Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Blind Faith

As I was going about my daily errands today, I was thinking about the baby, as I often do. I was thinking about all the questions I ask the doctor, the things I research online. The questions about what I should be eating, what medications to take or not to take, how my working out will affect him, the list goes on and on. I know myself, and I tend to overanalyze things. For example, it's not enough to just ask my doctor a question and take his answer and do it. I also have to read about it in a book, or search it online, pray about it, talk to Michael, etc. So, today, I thought to myself "wow, wouldn't life be easier if I was one of those people who could just accept what her doctor told her and follow it on blind faith, no questions asked?"

And it hit me, like a mack truck, that I am so blessed to be able to trust God that way. I don't have to overanalyze, I don't have to find all the scientific answers. What I need to do is pray, take time to hear what God is telling me, and then trust Him enough to follow it. It isn't enough just to say repeated prayers about it. I have to take time to listen to his response. After that, it isn't enough just to follow whhere I sense Him leading, but I need to continue to trust Him. Sometimes it's easy, in the moment, to follow through on something. But then, when some time has gone by, it's easy to let fear creep in, to forget what He has told me, what He has promised, and try to take control back myself. I start to second guess, worry, re-figure things out, but I don't need to do that! I can have blind faith in my God, and know that He will never lead me wrong. There is such comfort in that. In knowing that I don't have to have all the answers, I just have to talk to the God who does!

1 comment:

  1. Doctors are only human, therefore they make mistakes, and I think you are wise to research more before trusting their advice. But it is indeed truly wonderful that God never makes mistakes - He gives us the truth every time!

    ReplyDelete