Friday, August 21, 2009

What a Miracle!

The past eight months have been such an amazing experience for us! Everything I have read, everything I have experienced as this baby has grown inside of me, has brought me closer and closer to God. Reading about how the baby is developing each week, how his fingernails and toenails are growing, how his hair grows, when his heart starts beating, how he practices breathing, how his internal organs develop - it is amazing. And then, to feel him move, to feel the hiccups and kicks and somersaults, to see my entire stomach move and quiver - there are no words to describe how that feels. And, to read and experience how my body is changing to accomodate him, from increased blood volume to the growing uterus to everything that will occus during labor and delivery...wow! I experience all of this, and am just in awe of God. He created us this way, He is knitting this little baby together in me, He is causing my body to respond the way it needs to for this little guy. He is amazing! And, all the overwhelming love I feel for this little guy is just a fraction of what God feels for him and for me and for every one of his children out there. Our God is an amazing God!

1 comment:

  1. I agree! It is so amazing how a woman's body is so perfectly formed to go through all of the changes needed to grow a human life. Even better....to then return back to "better than before" and later do it all over again! We do have an amazing God!!

    ReplyDelete