Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Worry

So, I know that worry is not of God. We are not supposed to worry, but to trust everything to Him. I worked on this a lot when I first found out I was pregnant. It was easy to worry over every little thing, but I practiced giving it all over to God, trusting Him, meditating on verses that spoke to this. And it helped! Tremendously. I haven’t gotten caught up in every little thing, I have been at peace, and it has been great. Then, lately, I started to worry about worrying. Does that make any sense? There are a lot of people in my life right now who are pregnant, and just speaking with them, hearing things they are thinking, doing, etc, had me feeling down on my myself. I worried about the fact that I am not worrying! Does that make me a bad mother? Am I slacking in some of the things I should be doing? Why are all of these other women worried about so many things that I am not considering. I started to get down on myself, to feel like I am not doing the right things for my baby. Then I realized this is a different kind of worry.

I have given this baby and this pregnancy to God. He is watching over us and will protect and guide and develop us. I don’t have to worry about every little thing I eat or drink or do. I don’t have to religiously read every website and book out there, or pour over the ingredients of every product I may eat or use or touch. Those things don’t make me a Godly mother. Praying over my child, his/her future, our parenting skills, our family relationship, those things are important. Spending time reading the Word instead of labels – that will ground us. So, not only do I not have to worry, but I don’t have to worry about worrying. I am so grateful to serve a God that provides and takes care of me. I am so thankful that He doesn’t want me to worry, and doesn’t grade me on those things. He loves me, and wants me to have life to the full and find joy in Him. How awesome is He?!

1 comment:

  1. WAY AWESOME! I love this post!
    You are right, you don't have to worry. Actually...you are really FREE because you aren't! A lesson for all of us!
    Because you are focused on the fact this child (I'm still DYING to know the sex) is not yours..but His! He promises to take care of you, baby & Michael.
    What is in a promise? EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete